Friday, March 30, 2007

A Mixed bag.Thanks for all the ideas on the pink floral skirt quilt, I'll work on that tonight.
Just a little peek at what the "book shelf" (read-floor) next to my bed looks like. There are bookshelves all over the house but these are the ones I need close in case I need to read one of them in particular when I go to bed. Heavy reading for when I am not exhausted and light reading for when I am. I have to read something before I go to bed or I can't sleep- read even a page and I go straight to sleep.

The Time traveller's wife is such a fascinating concept that it has me right in, it is in my bag!

Speaking of my bag, here it is. It is plastic coated Moda, a great theory, tricky to work with but I am pleased with the end result. You have to make these with a leather needle, use a bigger stitch and try not to make mistakes as resewing cuts the fabric.

This is where some of my cut in half HST's have ended up. A completely different idea to those I showed you before, but I am short on Christmas quilts and this spoke Christmas to me so it is in progress. Well worth the mad cutting spree!





Joys today:

Took DD for a haircut and followed it up with devonshire tea and spiders for both kids at our favourite antiques and tearooms, that was great but when we were leaving an older couple congratulated me on my outstandingly behaved children who had beautiful manners and were obviously well bought up!! What a win!!

Have a good day, Tracey

10 comments:

Anne Ida said...

Wow, Tracey, I don't know where to begin... OK, last thing first: Love what you have done with the HSTs! I think it will say Christmas, but not scream it - which is a good thing (at least in my book).

Your bag is really pretty! But plastic coated fabric sounds scary - don't know if I dare to try...

Your bookshelf have some recemblances to mine... :o) I'm still waiting for Amazon to deliver Quiltscapes I&II though, and all the Jennifer Chiaverini novels have a very easy access placment *LOL*

tami said...

I always have to read before bed too. It helps to shut my mind off.
I really like the bag. What did you use to plastic coat it?

Diana said...

I like the tree even better than the blocks, although I loved those too!

I have a big pile of books on my bedside table too--sometimes I don't even get to turn a page before nodding off.

Kim said...

Yep, reading before sleeping is a must here too. But I can't seem to make myself understand that staying up late quilting and then having to read for a bit isn't a very good idea when I have to get up for work the next morning! LOL!

I'll join in and ask--how do you plastic coat fabric?

And isn't that just great when someone compliments you on your kids? Bet you're proud of them--and yourself!

Susie said...

Hi Tracey,
I love the Christmas Tree Quilt...
May I ask what the "spiders" are at tea?
Surely they don't eat real bugs :)

Fiona said...

The Christmas Tree is a great idea - isn't it strange where an idea can take you? I am also intrigued by what the 'spiders' are - do tell!

atet said...

I love the cut up hst christmas tree and the lovely little bag, but I am more impressed about the compliment to you and your children. Please, please, please let me get one of those for my daugther some day!

Libby said...

I'm so glad to see I am not the only gal working on a Christmas project in March *s*

Lily Mulholland said...

Cool idea with the HSTs!

Oh and I meant to post the other day that my mum read The Time Traveller's Wife and raved about it. Must get hold of a copy!

Susan said...

The Christmasy HST looks really good. What else are you putting with it?

I love your bookshelf. I, too, am an avid reader. I see you like Stephanie Laurens. She's on my to-find list. =)