Thursday, January 04, 2007

Exactly the kind of fun I like!

Call me dull, but playing with HST's is my idea of fun. I love the variety of primary and secondary patterns that appear just by rearranging your pieces. Here are baby Millie possibilities #1,2,3,4 in descending order. I'm off to the town that possesses my favourite little quilt shop for a few days beaching. As it is where I got this little pack I am hoping to pick up more of "something" for the border or a few plain edge blocks. What is the general consensus-1,2,3 or 4?

Quite partial to number 1, would obviously need to make some more squares which I can do. i like the secondary star pattern, thought if I put some plains in the corners it may make the starts stand out more. Also weighing up plains in the centre or are the squares in a square alright? The plain pink centre is only a guide, I would look for some matches tomorrow.Another favourite way of positioning. Obviously needs some more blocks but the idea is there.Think the contrasts may be a little pale for pinwheels, nothing jumps out.Ever reliable, may look really good on point with a substantial colour as the filling triangles. Anyway, some feedback would be good as it is so hot here I haven't had a proper night's sleep for about 4 nights and I don't think I'm mentally up to the task but I like my baby quilts in my hot little hand when I first see the baby!

Been spending the days around the pool-along with a fair few neighborhood children. My kids have had a ball but are exhausted-now for the beach! DD will be sleeping over at the camping ground with her Ma,(She is ma's current favourite) DS and I are sleeping over with my sister. Bunking with my Mum is not my idea of a holiday! It's meant to get back up near 40 degrees celcius tomorrow so we will be spending a lot of time in the water!

Hoping to see my Hub soon, he left at 2 pm to fight a bushfire down near the coast and hasn't returned yet and it's 9.30 pm. It could even be tomorrow before we see him. I try not to think about it when he is fire-fighting, I just pretend he's in the tractor! Works for me!

Okay to the perceptive souls who picked up on the life-changing Russian trip in my"5 things you didn't know about me". Seeing I've now gone well over the 3000 hits I'll give you a few more details. (But maybe not all of them as not enough people are dead!)

In my last year of University I had a fairly eventful love life. I had been seeing a fellow for over a year (that REALLY wouldn't have worked out) when, in the January I went to a big country wide Church youth gathering for a week and met someone else. We commuted the 800 kms between us for over 6 months and on the eve of my leaving for the University Russia trip lets just say future plans were discussed(by him). Well I headed off to Russia in absolute mental turmoil because he wasn't looking quite so shiny as he had been but my Mum was insisting this was it (and still loves him!) I also didn't want to look like some serial breaker-upperer!!

But everyone knows what happens on overseas trips,( well I have decided any kind of week long holiday away is no good for me so i have warned my DH to keep me close!) I made lots of new friends, realised I was so not ready to settle down at 20, had a fabulous time and came home where all h*ll broke loose! All was eventually gotten over and really it has all worked out so well, I could not be more happy with my 'totally-unrelated-to-all-these-events, DH'. All of which goes to show that we are not the architects of our lives!

So now my favourite piece of advice to my daughter is that you need to kiss a few frogs to find your prince!

Have a great quilty day, Tracey

13 comments:

Joyce said...

I think I like the second one best. I like the way it forms a diamond. The others look pretty good too though, so a hard decision for you to make.

The Calico Cat said...

I find it so funny how some of our stories are so similar... (I went to Germany... but besides that I can say DITTO DITTO DITTO)

Libby said...

I vote for the pinwheels. Can't really state a case for it one way or another, but it's the one my eye goes to. No matter which you pick, it will be a great gift.

Shelina said...

Tracey, Happy New Year. I like the second one the best too. I like hearing about your love story.

Quilts And Pieces said...

I like the diamond shape layout - but they all look wonderful! What fun to play!

Sweet P said...

I like option two the best. Good words of wisdom for your daughter . . . kiss a few frogs first. Everyone should do that. I didn't and even though I have two wonderful children from my first marriage, I'm much happier with my second and last DH.

Jenni said...

I agree. Everyone should travel when they are young to see how other people live and meet people with totally different backgrounds. Sounds hot down your way - cool and overcast here - very bizarre.

Tonya Ricucci said...

I'm partial to number three, but I just happen to like that setting a lot. Will look soft and sweet no matter what you choose. Good for you for not "settling" and waiting for the bestest frog of all.

Lisa said...

I have to say I like the 'pinwheels' the best - even if it doesn't look like pinwheels, it looks like a small broken dishes variation. Beautiful! I love your controlled colour scheme!

Susan said...

They are all good arrangements, but I like #2 and then #4 best, which is odd, because I normally like stars the best of everything.

The colors are great, and any way you put them together will be wonderful, really. Hope you have/had a wonderful time beaching and quilt shopping!

Finn said...

Hi Tracey,just popping in to say "hi" and see what you are up to..*VBS* I like your HST play...it's great fun.
I think I like #2 the best also...but it's going to be hard to go wrong with them...have fun!
Happy to hear the right prince came along..*VBS* Hugs, Finn

Cynthia said...

i like the diamond layout. I am hoping to make of those this year using all my scraps.

Tracy said...

I'm a pinwheel girl. hi from a fellow Aussie quilter with kids livin in the country :)