Saturday, March 31, 2012

Clamshells finished.

Okay,here it is being held up by my little cricket buddy that I've been up watching Aust. v WI with since 5 am! When i say finished, it is finished how I wanted it. It isn't quite the round keepbox it should have theoretically been. I went for a wall hanging, and embroidered one of my favourite verses, "Look to the hills", to remind me of my road trip to Nundle. We thought they looked a bit like hills here, though when i was working on it, both kids wandered in at different times and commented on my "fish"... apparently sideways the clam shells are very scale like. It even, (don't fall over!!)..has some hand quilting on it. The things you do when the football's back on!

And here is me and the usually mystery man, with the new baby. Should probably call it the new holiday house, but when would we get a chance to go to a holiday house!!
Hope your day is great, we are officially on school holidays here, 2 weeks of no bus...yeah!

11 comments:

Susan said...

Oh well done Tracy. I might borrow your idea as I'm not sure I'd use the hussif. I think my hubby will have tractor envy when he sees this pic.

Cardygirl said...

Love the holiday house! Your clams look great...over achiever you!!!

Khris78 said...

I love the clams Tracey they look great!!!

Chookyblue...... said...

OMG you sure are the star student.......lovely it as a wall hanging.......
did you have to buy that tractor to keep your DH happy about your big trip.........lol

Nancy Near Philadelphia said...

I like your clams so much (and I'm allergic to shellfish)! They're great.

Chocolate Cat said...

Am loving the finished clamshells (and a little green with envy!) and the new baby!! So happy to be on school holidays too!

Kylie said...

Well done Tracy - I like the idea of turning it into a wallhanging so it is a finish. xxx

Anonymous said...

Looks Great Tracey... Ive got 10 rows completed and I'm going to make mine the sewing keeper cause I never finish Anything from Nundle :))

Lorraine said...

Love the finish Tracey....it looks great as a little wall hanging....gee...I have heard about some girls bribing their partners so they can get away for stitching retreats.....you have set the bar high with our bribe!!! meh.....holiday houses are over rated anyway LOL

DAWNIE said...

Nice work Tracey

Deb R said...

Ohh I agree with Lorraine, I would have bought the hubby a few more steaks lol..my hubby will get tractor envy too!!!am loving your mini quilt, might do the same! Not much stitching happened since Ive come back :(