Saturday, April 19, 2008

Other people's progress.

The shorter autumn days are running away from me. I haven't had a minute to post, meetings and minutes, kids with the flu (ONLY the flu, she says thankfully!!) and buying the farm next door all seem to take precedence. Unfortunately, I can't see it improving for a few weeks but I will do my best. You may have to put up with a few photos from the lambing ewes for a while, but you can cope!
It only seems like yesterday since I was busy with our School Mother's day Market, but it was a whole year and it is once again sucking up a fair bit of my "spare" time. We had a lovely day yesterday, a School mum's craft day for the Mother's day gifts at the market. We scrapbooked gifts and I converted a few scrapbookers with easy instructions for chooks, buckets and bags-they very excitedly went home with something they had actually sewn!

Here are a few of the things that came home with me to be finished off and priced after the day. I made another of the pot holders when I got home, as well as a bucket and bag in corodinating shabby chic pink and gave them to my Saturday Quilter birthday Buddy today.

This is the lovely birthday girl, Ann working on machine quilting her quilt, predominantly Sanctuary? fabrics I think-see why I chose the pinks for her birthday!!!

I think this may be her Roman Holiday charm square work as well.

Jane has been busy making her first stack and whack, I love this altogether, lots of parts jump out at you.

Mirinda was stitching....

As was Janine.

Here is your first portrait of a new blogger, the Chocolate cat, working on her pigs......gorgeous isn't she-now you know!!

And another lovely lady whose name eludes me was making this crossstitch similar to the magazine pic. It will be a needle cushion...gorgeous variegated thread, I almost coveted this....if I was a coveter! I have a feeling I have that mag somewhere in the magazine black hole...now, to find it, then to make it-my poor hands are screaming at me just thinking about it!

Have a great day, hopefully back soon...with something scrappily outside the square I think. I feel like a change.

7 comments:

Greenmare said...

oh my gosh what fabulous projects! your head must just be swimming with things you want to do, mine is and I wasn't even there!

Chookyblue...... said...

lots of great sewing here and tell the Chocolate Cat she is no reply she has found my blog........not much sewing happening here so they will have some farm posts.....

Needled Mom said...

That sounds like a group of very talented women. It must have been fun to share time with them. It's always fun to check out what others are working on.

Libby said...

Great projects all around *s*

Carol said...

Wow, what fun. I think I like Jane's project most of all, although they are all beautiful. But Jane's wow! It's just hit a chord with me, love the colours and just the whacky nature of it.

As for lambing ewes, bring on the picture of those cute little babies!!!!!!!

Lauren The Artist said...

Those projects look wonderful! I can't wait to live near an active guild or sewing bee. Looks very fun, indeed. ~jen~

Christine said...

Great photos. I love seeing everyone's work. Thanks for sharing.