Tuesday, March 04, 2008


Hi, I love history, and am fascinated with the Kennedys, received this is an email, sorry the pictures wont download and I have left off the slightly questionable ending about Marilyn, but the info. is interesting, if it is totally wrong someone can tell me and I'll delete it, but the basic check i did looked close enough, Tracey
History Lesson

Have a history teacher explain this----- if they can.


Abraham Lincoln was elected to Congress in 1846.
John F. Kennedy was elected to Congress in 1946.

Abraham Lincoln was elected President in 1860.
John F. Kennedy was elected President in 1960.

Both were particularly concerned with civil rights.
Both wives lost their children while living in the White House.

Both Presidents were shot on a Friday.
Both Presidents were shot in the head.

Now it gets really weird.

Lincoln 's secretary was named Kennedy.
Kennedy's Secretary was named Lincoln.

Both were assassinated by Southerners.
Both were succeeded by Southerners named Johnson.

Andrew Johnson, who succeeded Lincoln, was born in 1808.
Lyndon Johnson, who succeeded Kennedy, was born in 1908.


John Wilkes Booth, who assassinated Lincoln, was born in 1839.
Lee Harvey Oswald, who assassinated Kennedy, was born in 1939.


Both assassins were known by their three names.
Both names are composed of fifteen letters.

Now hang on to your seat.

Lincoln was shot at the theatre named 'Ford.'
Kennedy was shot in a car called ' Lincoln' made by 'Ford.'

Lincoln was shot in a theatre and his assassin ran and hid in a warehouse.
Kennedy was shot from a warehouse and his assassin ran and hid in a theatre.

Booth and Oswald were assassinated before their trials.


7 comments:

Sew Create It - Jane said...

ooh creepy! Who ever figured this out was very clever!

Patti said...

It is correct. I remember this being printed in the paper shortly after the assassination - a time I remember vividly. I was sixteen. His funeral was on my sister's birthday. I also remember an article noting that every president elected in a year ending in zero had died in office since the time of Abraham Lincoln - at least I think that was when it started. But then my memory isn't at all what it used to be!

Sweet P said...

Patti is close to being right about president's being elected in a year ending in 0 died in office. That held true until President Reagan, who was elected in 1980, stayed in office for 8 years and only died a few years ago.

Kim said...

Seems that someone has arranged a series of historical events in an interesting way...sad as they are, still interesting. I can tell you exactly what I was doing the day Kennedy was assassinated.

atet said...

It's mostly correct -- Lincoln wasn't all that concerned with civil rights all of the time. He did suspend habeus corpus during the civil war and considered a plan to expatriate (or repatriate to Africa) all of the former slaves rather than allow them to remain in the US. In addition, the Emancipation Proclomation (have I mentioned I can't spell?) only freed the slaves in the states that had left the union -- it maintained slavery in states that were fighting for the North. Ooops, um, is my whole "I'm also a US History and Government teacher" thing showing? :0)

Anne Ida said...

This is really freaky! Brrrr....

Shelina said...

I saw this list in high school, and it is really interesting.