Wednesday, April 04, 2012

Chook quilt all done...next??!!!!




I well and truly have my quilting mo-jo back....The chook quilt is all done-tied and bound and ready to keep me warm on the couch this winter. I am very happy with it. It turned out to be about 2.3m x 1.7 metres in size. I am in a hurry to get off the computer to get a dog quilt done by tomorrow and a baby name one done by Sunday, it's nice to be back!

Also been making Raspberry fig jam...easiest recipe in the world. Just equal parts figs (mashed) with sugar, then add in a heaped desertspoon of raspberry (or strawberry ) jelly crystals to about every 2 cups of sugar. It looks, tastes and sets great!

Lastly, proof that little boys do in fact grow up.(But don't change!) Top photo is my boy playing with the new tractor 5 years ago, and bottom is now.

Better run, have a great day! Tracey

7 comments:

Khris78 said...

Well done .... Can't wait to see pictures of your quilt :)

Tracey @ozcountryquiltingmum said...

It was playing up on me and published with only half the pics...all good now I hope!

Susan said...

Love your chook quilt - the whole family will be able to snuggle under it! Lovely to hear you so happy and busy.

Needled Mom said...

Glad to read the mojo is back. I think the chook quilt is darling.

It is amazing how quickly little boys do grow up.

Cardygirl said...

Great quilt...cute pics.

Chookyblue...... said...

the chook quilt is even better in real life.......looks great.........enjoy your holidays........

Ozjane said...

Now that inspires me to drag out my chook fabrics.
Looks fantastic.
Have been using your cards lately. I either have to get some more of my own made...oh dear!!! or buy some more...my purse tells me to do the former..but I have a few left.