Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Retreat quilt show Part 1.

Wow, 2 posts in two days! You can tell I actually have some quilt content for you...I will go through some of the show and tell before I get to the weekend's work. I thought these were very nice and you may be interested. The Japanese one is showcasing japanese fabrics..I think from a trip to japan by Jenni. She was trying to decide the best quilting, not sure what the final decision was but heard a fair bit of "fan" discussion.




Anne had also worked long and hard on this beautiful red and white quilt. She has the name and pattern, but not at the retreatm so i could probably get it for you.


A lot of stitching really adds to this.

Ten year quilt group member, Chris, has moved to the big smoke. We had a farewell for her and she received her stitched hearts quilt to remember us by. I also searched back through the archives and made her a photo book of all her quilts and quilt group memories.
Robyn was cuddled up under her thimbleberries quilt.
And finally, sharing a photo I may get in trouble for.... This is Lise, the Chocolate cat blogger, who was relaxing on retreat in front of the ocean view...she needed a good rest after weeks of winter flu.
Better run, spent the day drafting cattle and am tired to the bone but the housework fairies STILL have not come...sigh!
Also, noticed I have gone over 100,000 hits and 450 posts. I am launching a large range of new cards this weekend...when they arrive! Quilt ones, farm ones, native animals, flowers, etc, etc. Just a heads up that comments this week when I actually have a lot of posts to do may be more than worth the effort!

9 comments:

Hopes Handcrafts said...

What beautiful quilts!

Nancy said...

thanks for the quilt show!! and she looks very nice all snuggled in,,

Anonymous said...

Lovely quilts, thay are all so nice. Thanks for sharing.

Needled Mom said...

I like the idea of a kimona shaped quilt for all of the kimonas. The sticheries are also lovely. That is a lot of work in those blocks.

If you find those house fairies would you please send them here?

Chocolate Cat said...

Mmmm should I growl??? I must point out to everyone that it is an 'Elm Creek Quilts ' book that I am reading so keeping with the theme of the weekend!!!! Came back full of inspiration but can't get my nose out of the book!!!

Chookyblue...... said...

nice mixture of quilts from the weekend........what I would be worried about is will Lise get even..........lol........because even if you didn't say it was her I knew it was........lol.......

靜如 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
QuiltingFitzy said...

What or rather, where, is "the big smoke"?

Love the pictures of your retreat, hope you got some time to relax too!

QuiltingFitzy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.