Sunday, May 17, 2009

More beautiful bushfire donations

An update on the bushfire blocks.

I have had 2 lovely parcels arrive recently and they are far too beautiful not to share.


The log cabin quilt tops have been made especially for the cause by Rita in Belfast. It's funny, Log Cabin is one of the quilts that originally "got me in" and i have made one for my Dad, but never for me, after seeing these beauties it has definitely gone back high on the list!!
The multitude of new blocks have and post and rail top have come from Sharon T in WA and the Pieceables Guild in Lynden, WA.
Lise, the girls and myself will put these to good use. Thank You.
It is 100 days since the fires, and many people are still living in temporary accommodation with little space for extras. It wont matter that their quilts aren't all there yet, just that they arrive in time...as some already have.
Kerrin, from our quilt group, has finished 2 tops -here's the one I remembered to photograph.
Made from someone's orphan quilt for a cure blocks. Thanks Kerrin.

No comments: